How To Become a Coach
Tenafly Youth Basketball Coaches Information
TYB exists because of the tremendous support of many individuals that volunteer their time to be on the board, coach, and assist during the many games and tournaments held throughout the season.
Thank you coaches for your participation!
There are 4 requirements for coaching in our program:
1. You must be fingerprinted. Please contact the Tenafly Recreation Dept. for details. (201-871-3008)
2. You must get certified for youth basketball by NAYS.ORG, which provides instructional help and insurance for our program
3. You must be certified in “Concussion”
The Board of Education and the Borough insurance company require all coaches, instructors and officials to complete concussion training. You must bring a copy of the certificate to the Tenafly Recreation Department at 100 Riveredge Road.
Follow the steps outlined below to view the video and print out the certificate:
1. Go to http://www.nfhslearn.com
2. Register – create a user name (email) and password
3. Click on Courses
4. Select Free Courses
5. Select “Concussion in Sports”
6. Click on view video
After you view the video and take the short quiz you will be told to return to your “homepage”. Go to the bottom of the page and you will see a box. It will look like you are going to be charged but keep going through the process…there is no fee!
4. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Code of Conduct which should be signed and emailed back to your TYB Representative.
For more information email email@example.com